Daily News Baseball Top 10 Rankings, March 21 – Daily News
Support our high school sports coverage by becoming a digital subscriber. Subscribe now.
BASEBALL TOP 10
1. Harvard-Westlake (11-2-1): The Wolverines have full control of the Mission League after Notre Dame lost a game to Crespi last week.
2. Sierra Canyon (14-0): The Trailblazers are still undefeated, but it took a comeback win over Simi Valley on Saturday. Max Martin hit a two-run homer in the seventh inning to spark an eventual 6-2 win.
3. Notre Dame (9-4-1): The Knights stumbled early, but recovered well. Notre Dame lost to Crespi earlier in the week but won the series 2-1 with wins Wednesday and Friday. But the loss still puts them one game behind Harvard-Westlake in the league standings.
4. Birmingham Charter (9-3): The Patriots beat Chaminade 7-0.
5. Deer (8-6): The Indians sit atop the Foothill League at 2-0 after two wins over Golden Valley.
6. Granada Hills Charter (9-2-1): The Highlanders will take on section foes City Roosevelt and Palisades this week before starting the gauntlet that is next week’s West Valley League game against Cleveland.
8. Calabasa (7-2): The Coyotes are on a five-game winning streak heading into their Marmonte League opener with Thousand Oaks this week.
9. West Lake (8-3): The Warriors will face Agoura as part of the Marmonte League this week.
10. Plaster (6-6): The Celts sit third in the Mission League after winning a game against Notre Dame last week. The Celts have a good mix of experience and young players. Juniors Chris Arce and Joshua Rodriquez lead the team in hits. Pitcher Isaiah Magdaleno is 3-0 this year.