Latest Covid-19: Where coronavirus cases rise and fall in Berkshire
SOME areas of Berkshire are still reporting high numbers of Covid-19 cases according to the latest data.
An interactive map, which uses data from Public Health England, shows how many people tested positive for the virus in each region of the county during the seven-day period through Sunday, October 3.
Public Health England divides the number of coronavirus cases into wards called ‘medium super exit areas’ (MSOA), which are smaller than city departments and based on population rather than geographic area.
READ MORE: Best Brunch Spots in Bracknell (According to Customers)
The interactive map, accessible through this link, allows users to enter their zip code and see how many cases have been reported in their area and whether it has increased or decreased from the previous week. The darker the color of the image, the more positive the test results.
The map highlights areas in the county that have at least three confirmed cases of the virus and the color coordinates the areas based on the number of cases they have.
In the seven days leading up to Sunday, October 3, Berkshire reported 2,782 cases of Covid-19. Bracknell recorded 365, Reading (498), West Berkshire (234), Windsor and Maidenhead (589), Slough (494), Wokingham (602).
READ ALSO: Thames Valley Police Sacked For Sexual Assault
The following 10 regions have the highest number of active coronavirus cases:
- Pinkney’s Green & Furze Platt Road – 30 (up to 6)
- Earley – 58 (up to 18)
- Lower Earley North – 59 (up to 24)
- Wokingham North & Hurst – 38 (up 17)
- Bray Wick & Holyport – 45 (up to 16)
- Clewer New Town – 53 (up to 9)
- Windsor Town & Eton – 36 (up to 17)
- Britwell – 55 (up to 11)
- Cippenham Meadows – 90 (up to 48)
- Cippenham Green – 53 (up 8)
The following 10 areas have the lowest number of active coronavirus cases:
- Boyn Hill & Norreys Drive – 15 (down from 11)
- Binfield & Popeswood – 17 (by 13)
- Wokingham Road – 15 (down from 10)
- Whitley Wood – 13
- Thatcham South East & Bradfield – 11 (down from 46)
- Thatcham North-East – 4 (down from 4)
- Thatcham Town – 6 (down from 5)
- Newbury South West – 5 (down from 9)
- Newbury Central & Greenham – 13 (down from 6)
- Quai Mortimer et Aldermaston – 9 (down from 13)